Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto X

Join the new site! http://narutosd.darkbb.com/

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
[Join the Chatbox]
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Memories
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2021, 12:05 am by Nocturne

» Revy is a faggot
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2018, 3:13 am by Nocturne

» Anyone alive out there?
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirth of Slumbering Fire
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 10:32 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirthing a spirit
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2013, 6:37 pm by Naizu Nimakee

» Naruto :: Shattered Dreams
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 2:46 pm by Revy Izumi

» Update regarding Naruto-X Sequel [8/10/12]
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 8:04 pm by Revy Izumi

» Me doing some No-Life Videos
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 11:53 am by Hirokai Hondo

» Searching Without a Trace
Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm by Naizu Nimakee

Naruto X Staff
Nocturne Revy Masahiro
Affiliates

Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea

Go down 
+11
CzechIt♥
Maneki Neko
Alucard
Reikon Keiri
Lord Vizer
smartfiredragon
Naito Aburame
Tobi
Tarnish
Nocturne
Cut
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tarnish
Hokage
Hokage
Tarnish

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: A Rank
Village: Konohagakure

Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 5:44 am

well said. I think i'd enjoy rping with u. it'd keep me on my toes
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 11:18 am

Thank you Tarnish, which reminds me, pm me alittle bit about yourself. Want to know you alittle more. If I'm to be your right hand I think it would make alittle sense that I would know something about you, outside and inside the rp forums.
Back to top Go down
Naizu Nimakee
Mizukage
Mizukage
Naizu Nimakee

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: X Rank
Village: Hidden in the Mist

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 1:07 am

Well...I'm still here and though I have been off in the real world dealing with leh bills, job, girlfriend and such, I haven't forgot about you all. As it pertains to the subject, I have no problems with dueling it out for high profile positions. I simply wish for the originals of the site to be able to retain prior ranks, stepping to a different position would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Kostas
Retired
Retired
Kostas

Shinobi Info
Village: Hidden Sand Village, Sunagakure

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

Allow me to express my feelings on the matter. This isn't a bad idea really, there are some leadership issues but it might as well work out in the end. If it does then that would be something else. All this however, has been stated per above.

I know I'm not someone sentimental but I might as well say this, Naruto-X has lived for nearly half a decade and many of us have put a lot of effort in this place during our time here. So, it's only natural that many of our memories still reside here in this forum. As far as I concern Naruto-X shouldn't be fused with other sites because that would be a waste no matter the standards. Specially now, that it's undergoing a revamp. If you don't understand my point of view here... it's very unlikely you will ever understand.

Also, to my fellow site veterans who posted in this topic before me, you should have thought of all this first, rather than begin arguing with the power-strugle issues.

Now, I don't know where Administrator stands on the matter, since he hasn't actually state if he approves of it or not. But since this site is something which took him years to be content I seriously doubt he'll agree with letting the Naruto-X being absorbed by other site.

Sincerly Kostas.
Back to top Go down
Lkitty
Kazekage
Kazekage
Lkitty

Shinobi Info
Village: Sunagakure

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

I completely agree with Kostas. No doubt. We all have memories here. Just letting it slip out of the blue isn't nice.

-Kit.
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

Well my idea was just that. It was an idea. I am a person who simply likes to give advice and suggestions where they seem like they can be given, not because he likes to argue. It is as you said, in a way I cannot understand your view, because I am new here. I have no memories of this site, no joyful or otherwise memorable events.

If I was to give my own opinion on this point of view though, I would think I've never had trouble merging sites that I occupied with others. This is in no way meant to try to change your mind to see it my way, but perhaps I could run a different way of viewing it past you? Instead of just "letting it slip out of the blue" you could consider merging for those very same reasons. For the sake of those memories, and the people who have made them with you, a merge takes place. Not to try to wipe these memories clean, but to give the site a bit more life again? After all if the site dies, what will happen then? You will have lost them anyways, if the way you see things is correct.

To put it more bluntly maybe your fellow veterans have thought of that already, perhaps this is why they support the merging idea, and other ideas that would try to make the merging more possible? They do not care about the power struggle, it is a simple step in the process to bringing more activity. And of course I could be wrong, and that is fine, but before you assume that no one has though about it sentimentally ask them why.

I myself don't believe the merging will actually happen, yet I give ideas because to be honest with all of you, the site is dead...or mostly dead. It needs activity. I've seen many sites like this, sites at a stalemate. You have users who remain here, and continue to log in, yet no one posts, no ones enters the chat box to chat with others, no one makes an attempt, everyone is on at different times, etc.

True the site is going through a revamp, so some inactivity is bound to happen, but I wonder if it will remain the same after the revamp is over? Perhaps another question you could all ask yourselves is...should you continue? If you would rather see the site without a merging without activity, because like it or not merging does bring activity (and I fear the decay has set in enough that activity is perhaps the only thing that can help), then perhaps its best to let some things go peacefully, instead of dragging it on, and letting it die slowly and distastefully?
Back to top Go down
Kostas
Retired
Retired
Kostas

Shinobi Info
Village: Hidden Sand Village, Sunagakure

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 11:01 am

In all honestly Reikon Keiri, what your latest post contains, says nothing to me. All you've done was stating the obvious again and again. I find something like this completely pointless.

I understand that all you said was just a suggestion and nothing more, that in your opinion would benifit the forum. This is the reason why suggestions exist in the first place.

The fact that the site is dead, is not something that I don't realize myself. Neither is something that I'm not willing to face. As for the reason, I know better what brought the site to it's current state, I'll refrain however from saying anything else on this one, because an as of yet extremely long argument will begin.

Don't misunderstand me, it's not like I simply dropped by and said "no I disagree". I thought well before posting how a merge such as that would affect the site. Also, Naruto X is in no stalemate as you said. A Roleplay forum's value shouldn't be measured on it's activity, either that being of the online users, the daily posts or the CB. Rather it should be based on the decency of it's members. And believe, we have many loyal members here, that after the revamp is done, are most likely to come back.

I see Naruto X as an "embodiment" of all the effort that was put here by all of us who spent countless hours upon the forum. So that's why I don't believe it deserves such fate as being fused with other small-time sites, and I wish for Naruto X to remain as Naruto X till the day comes for it be closed down once and for all. It might as well be likened as a work of art. Now ask yourself, if you created a piece of art, which took you years to be content, would you just hand it off for someone else to paint over? Of course not.

Still, I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from. You shouldn't even try to. But the fact is that no matter the benefits that might come from it, I simply can't bring myself to approve of your idea.
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

Hmmm you are correct, I cannot understand, but it seems I cannot understand for a completely new reason, different than from earlier. I never create sentimental bonds and values to that level which you described with my fellow rp members nor the sites in which I rp on. Many people that I have rped with have always described me as being the wild card on an rp site. I have a way of rping that is both gruesome and uncaring, and alot of people who first meet me do not see it.

In the end however when things have come to a stop, I always seem to be the only one who views it as still an object, and while I may have at one point joked, laughed, and rped with members, even became friends with some, I still do not, and probably cannot on a mentally emotional level, hold something or someone that dear to me. I've just never been able to do it.

As it stands now anything I say to you, even if it isn't about this subject in particular, will probably be pointless. Because when I suggest things it is not because I care, it is only because...well I guess you could say I don't want to become bored. When sites die its very hard to look for another, and I try to refrain from going back to ones I've already visited. I do have a question though, that is not meant to cause angst amongst all of you but it might. What will you do, Kostas, if the merging does happen and none of your fellow rpers deny it?

Since I can't really comprehend or understand the emotional level you hold for this site and its people...I wonder what effect that would have. I think...and this is a guess on what little I do try to understand, that should they go with it, does that make them betrayers in your eyes, as it seems being loyal and going for the merge would contradict each other. Or is it something else I do not see?
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: A Rank
Village: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Think about it this way...it depends on who we merge with. And if we transfer them to this site, or create a new one. I wouldn't say they are betrayers, even if they are loyal members. Each user has their reasons why they accept the merge, or are against it..
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 2:19 am

I think I understand alittle better...anyways about the banner. On another note. It seems something has gone wrong with my sc5 photoshop. I'm missing a file, or part of it that makes it so that it cannot run. Since I torrented it this is probably why. I'll have to search for the missing file and put it back in so it will run properly again, so the banner might take alittle longer than expected.

Depends really on how quickly I can find the part, or if its better I just torrent the whole thing again and trash the one that doesn't work. Probably the later, but since its 1:17 Am I'll sleep first, fix the problem, and start working on the banner. I meant to ask earlier, but since there are alot of people who seem to view this thread, and since your here Kaze, is there any character(s) someone would like to see especially?
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info
Village: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

I suppose its time to close this thread, so... Thread Locked.
Back to top Go down
https://naruto-x.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea   Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get as many people on as you can and post here Cut got an idea
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2