Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto X

Join the new site! http://narutosd.darkbb.com/

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
[Join the Chatbox]
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Memories
Weather system Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2021, 12:05 am by Nocturne

» Revy is a faggot
Weather system Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2018, 3:13 am by Nocturne

» Anyone alive out there?
Weather system Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirth of Slumbering Fire
Weather system Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 10:32 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirthing a spirit
Weather system Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2013, 6:37 pm by Naizu Nimakee

» Naruto :: Shattered Dreams
Weather system Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 2:46 pm by Revy Izumi

» Update regarding Naruto-X Sequel [8/10/12]
Weather system Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 8:04 pm by Revy Izumi

» Me doing some No-Life Videos
Weather system Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 11:53 am by Hirokai Hondo

» Searching Without a Trace
Weather system Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm by Naizu Nimakee

Naruto X Staff
Nocturne Revy Masahiro
Affiliates

Weather system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: A Rank
Village: N/A

Weather system Empty
PostSubject: Weather system   Weather system Icon_minitimeThu 02 Feb 2012, 12:16 am

Should we have a weather system? If so, how would you like it to work?
Back to top Go down
Masahiro Yukina
Hokage
Hokage
Masahiro Yukina

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: S Rank
Village: Konohagakure

Weather system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather system   Weather system Icon_minitimeThu 02 Feb 2012, 12:25 am

The one J-Town/Legend Kaguya/Hybris/Xarias tried to initiate was rather intuitive if you ask me, as was her time system. If we install one, I'd have no qualms about using that one.
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: X Rank

Weather system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather system   Weather system Icon_minitimeThu 02 Feb 2012, 1:08 am

I don't think it will work well, trust me. Especially with abilities like i have, or well, mostly all of my characters have, that changes the weather. Even if just artificial.

But honestly i don't think it's worth it. Limiting everyone to a single type of weather in their topic is pretty repulsive if you ask me, and is very hard to work into an RP site. If you did this, you'd have to force everyone on one timeline, as well as limit the amount of topics someone can be in, in RP, to 1. And as of now, i don't think that's what we need.

Plus, back to what i was saying, say if i were to make it rain..that would effect everyone's topic as well who is RPing in the same area as me. While it does sound nice, allowing more interactions to go on between separate topics, and having some topics effect the state of others, i think it's just to difficult to pull off.

Not to mention, you'd most likely only be very limited on what weathers you actually can change. I mean it's not like Suna is anything other then dry and hot, and Kiri is anything other then moist and wet. Konoha goes through a lot of changes in weather, sure, but other countries are sorta stuck to single types of weathers due to their location.
Back to top Go down
Masahiro Yukina
Hokage
Hokage
Masahiro Yukina

Shinobi Info
Village: Konohagakure

Weather system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather system   Weather system Icon_minitimeThu 02 Feb 2012, 1:40 am

The weather system I'm referring to has more to do with seasons then anything else. Distinguishing weather patterns, rather then specific weather occurrences. In this way it gives RPers a general idea for what they may choose to make the setting be. Furthermore, techniques that change weather, are only ever precise location, and not permanent, and to that nature, don't effect any other topic then the one their used in.

As far as time goes, it's once again, loosely based. If anything, it ties into the weather system, and while months have been laid out quite mathematically, they don't need to be followed. The only important part to the time system, is so that existing RPer's can all see age progression within their characters, at a simultaneous and constant rate, rather then each character aging a couple years every now and again. I believe the way it originally worked, was four RL months equated an RP year. Which to me, sounds viable. We may even see some legitimate retiring of characters should it be implemented.

No one would be limited to a single weather type, only single seasons, and these seasons would only occur for a single month at a time, before moving onto the next. Mathematically, we'd hit fall, winter or any other season three times a year. Because this is an RP enhancing system, rather then a restrictive system, stop thinking restrictively. Due to it's minimal impact, it can be loosely implemented. Same goes for time, there'd be no need to limit members to one thread. Season system ties into a calendar system. If anything, I know it'd help the more experienced RPers like myself, Matsuda, and You Revy, to help track character progression.

Back to top Go down
Ryusaki Toketsu
Retired
Retired
Ryusaki Toketsu

Location : Around the corner..beating up the homelss guy who robbed me

Shinobi Info
Village: Wanderer

Weather system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather system   Weather system Icon_minitimeThu 02 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

Not really@Revy

Start of topic=weather generator. Done thats the weather for that topic. not sure how that would be set in. But just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: X Rank

Weather system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather system   Weather system Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 9:33 am

Well, good luck with that. I honestly don't see much of a point to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weather system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather system   Weather system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weather system
Page 1 of 1