Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto X

Join the new site! http://narutosd.darkbb.com/

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
[Join the Chatbox]
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Memories
Chakra System Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2021, 12:05 am by Nocturne

» Revy is a faggot
Chakra System Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2018, 3:13 am by Nocturne

» Anyone alive out there?
Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirth of Slumbering Fire
Chakra System Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 10:32 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirthing a spirit
Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2013, 6:37 pm by Naizu Nimakee

» Naruto :: Shattered Dreams
Chakra System Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 2:46 pm by Revy Izumi

» Update regarding Naruto-X Sequel [8/10/12]
Chakra System Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 8:04 pm by Revy Izumi

» Me doing some No-Life Videos
Chakra System Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 11:53 am by Hirokai Hondo

» Searching Without a Trace
Chakra System Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm by Naizu Nimakee

Naruto X Staff
Nocturne Revy Masahiro
Affiliates

Chakra System

Go down 
+5
Masahiro Yukina
Revy Izumi
The Mad Hatter
Reikon Keiri
NX Admin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: X Rank
Village: N/A

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 11:42 pm

I am working on a Chakra System, and I may bring back the chakra bar that was displayed in your profile. The system will include jinchuuriki as well, which will be based off the number of tails they possess.

If you are Chuunin with 60 CP and used up 45, using more than 7-8 CP would kill you. 10 CP would leave you very exhausted and less likely to escape successfully, so a Chuunin may want to use only 40-45/60 CP. This is only an example.
Back to top Go down
https://naruto-x.rpg-board.net
Reikon Keiri

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 1:38 pm

NX Admin wrote:
If you are Chuunin with 60 CP and used up 45, using more than 7-8 CP would kill you. 10 CP would leave you very exhausted and less likely to escape successfully...

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

60-45=15

15-8=7
15-7=8
15-10=5

So I would think, since using 10 is putting you closer to 0 than 7 or 8 that using 10 CP or more would kill you, while using 7-8 CP would leave you very exhausted and less likely to escape?

Which brings up another point we can incorporate the "Last Resort" Kind of jutsu better with this kind of chakra system. Any Last Resort jutsu has to be either A or S ranked, and can only be used after you have depleted 45 CP. A ranked cost 10 chakra points and S ranks cost 15, with A ranks having a higher chance of killing you, with a very small chance of survival, and S ranks killing you no matter what.

Doing Last Resort jutsu in this manner will keep users from using them when they really aren't needed, and then somehow miraculously making it alive. Seeing as using 45 CP puts you in a red zone so to speak, or simply the 15 remaining CP that you really can't afford to spend or otherwise pay the ultimate price. This way, using any jutsu that are deemed last resort by staff members will follow the previously mentioned CP Cost, and thus will literally have to be used as a last resort jutsu.
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

If your CP is less than 10, you die. But in some cases a user may end up with (possibly) 8 CP, so depending on the situation and the amount of overall physical damage, the user will still have a chance of survival. An A-Rank would kill as well (it will take more than 15). It would be smarter to plan their last resort technique before they attempt to use it.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
The Mad Hatter

Shinobi Info
Village: Iwa

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 5:31 pm

10 cp to die? Really that's a lot of space, I mean that's at least a single jutsu I would say either lower it or break it up to something a bit more interesting such as:

9-8 cp= exhausted, where every thing takes more time and attacks are weaker,
7-6= unconscious, I think that speaks for its self
5-4= critical condition and they must be stabilized by a medical tech. by their next post.
4-3= critical and their chakra system is compromised and as a result their overall cp is permanently decreased.
3-2= Clinically dead, it will take at least an S tech to bring them back and they have maybe a two post window, and again their chakra system is compromised if they make it to an even higher level.
2 and below =You're dead that's it, no discussion or way around.

Of course in a one on one having 8 or less will get you killed unless you're spared, so it's to the same effect with a bit of thinking when you're in a group and it puts more emphasis on medical ninja.

Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

10 is red zone, Talis. At 10 CP the ninja will already be exhausted, and lose consciousness at 7. With 5 or less, you are going to slowly die. So far, that is how it will work.

In my opinion, there is little point in dropping all the way down to 3-2 CP just to die.
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 7:10 am

I agree with Talis. 10 is to much.

Judging by the example you made, most of a Chuunin Jutsu would take somewhere from 3 - 6 chakra, maybe a bit less depending on the rank and what it does. That leaves a lot of room for more Jutsu.

Here's an idea

Why not make a negatives, if at all possible. 0 chakra points being the point of which you start losing consciousness ETC, though if your still able to move, due to any type of enhancement or anything, -10 cp would be the death mark.

Or something similar to that, or any other variation, idc what you do. But 10 being the point of death is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 9:49 am

10 CP isn't the point of death, Revy and Talis. You have played video games, so you should know what "red zone" is. Like it or not, your opponent isn't likely to walk away from an unconscious ninja who used up all of his chakra. If they want to wait till 6 CP to figure out whether they want to escape or not, they can.

You need CP to keep yourself conscious and walking, enough so that not everyone has massive amounts of stamina. Nobody is Naruto.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
The Mad Hatter

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

It seems like my point was missed, this would mainly apply to team battles, because once you pass out you're done in one on one. But let's say one jutsu is all the difference in a fight, would a character risk it? If he does and survive how does this change the character? If he does and dies how are his allies affected? It adds room for risks and decisions to make; there are people who play their character so well that if it fits the characters personality to die in order to win, they will sacrifice their character.

Either way you need a more or less exact scale so it's clear with what happens.

If you really want to make it up to chance you add a dice roll like "after you're below 7 cp, you have to roll at the end of every post, and you have a 50% chance of passing out (1,3,5) and a 50% chance of staying awake (2,4,6). But this may over complicated it.

What I'm saying is that it should be defined and it shouldn't be an auto death, there should be major penalties like the ones on my chart for when one enters the "red zone" as you phrased it.
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

I saw your point, the example was based on a 1-on-1 setting, but the system will play fair with both. However, your feedback has been noted.

Regarding the dice system, you are correct, it will be too complicated for the system I am developing.
Back to top Go down
Masahiro Yukina
Hokage
Hokage
Masahiro Yukina

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: S Rank
Village: Konohagakure

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

Oi vey. I was debating jumping back into this... But maybe not after seeing this.

I'll try and weigh in my opinion as politely as possible, given this will be my first post since my return... I don't like chakra systems. Training system, yes, all for it, as that limits people from just spamming up the creation thread and turning their character into a god. That, and the jutsu limit was a good touch as well.

However... Chakra Systems, I don't like.

My reasoning for this, and you said it yourself NX Admin (Sorry, not sure who you are, I've been away for awhile.), is that it gives too much structure to Role Playing, it's like trying to turn it into a video game, which it's not. This chakra system seems a little too restraining at the moment. I will still give the benefit of the doubt however, and concede that perhaps it just feels that way because it's not complete. Let's be honest though, will it ever be? There's SOOOO many variables in the world of Naruto! What about Hoshigaki's, they tend to have more chakra, so would they be an exception and get a bigger bar? How about elemental versus non-elemental ninjutsu? They tend to use different chakra amounts, even between elements.

But those are just issues concerning the CHAKRA System. Let's say it is implemented. Now what about Taijutsu users? Might as well implement a stamina system. And if we have stamina, we might as well have a health system. Well, can't protect health without a guard/defense system... I suppose that'd need a counterattack system to go with it...

On and on.

I am against, virtually any system that restricts the actual Role-Playing in any way shape or form. In my opinion, RPer's should simply respect the honor code of combat. And as long as combat is substantially monitored by staff there shouldn't be a problem.

I understand what you're attempting to accomplish NX Admin, and I do see the benefits of it, given that it would make your job significantly easier. However, to me, the cons vastly out weigh the pros. I don't want to Role Play my way through Naruto: Ninja Storm 2... I just played the shit out of it. Now I want to RP, I want to create. If that creativity's limited, I'm not too thrilled to be here.

As I said before, I enjoy the training system, it actually encourages RP. I feel that this doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 2:33 pm

Agree'd
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:24 pm

Lets say the Hoshigaki's are given (e.g.) 10 CP extra because of this clan trait, but a bonus will not be given for every rank upgrade. The system itself will not have a set CP value, for example:

E - 1-2
D - 3-4
C - 5-9

Nin, Tai, Gen... they all fall under this system. Attempting to force a little bit more chakra into a technique will raise the CP value, and clan/character traits/abilities can slightly decrease the value. If a technique requires a continuous manipulation of chakra or, basically, last longer than a single post, then another part of the system deals with that.

We wouldn't need all those unnecessary systems. The system may be edited or removed if most of the feedback is negative.
Back to top Go down
Masahiro Yukina
Hokage
Hokage
Masahiro Yukina

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:39 pm

So you're saying I would need to go through my profile, which as you know, is rather lengthy, and either edit in a CP Usage value for everything based on rank, style of manipulation and usage? Doesn't sound like fun...

And it doesn't make sense for nin and tai to fall under the same system. As one can use a large portion of chakra, and still be relatively physically unaffected. Taijutsu doesn't use chakra, well, at least for the most part it doesn't. Throwing both under the wide umbrella of this system, further limits their implications.

Before waiting for negative feedback, perhaps try and vote it in?
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:55 pm

You don't have to, you do have the option to manually type it down. It does sound easier though, I'll think about it. And how so? If they use chakra, CP is taken away from them.

You are already "voting", Eki, by sharing your feedback.
Back to top Go down
Masahiro Yukina
Hokage
Hokage
Masahiro Yukina

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

True, I suppose I am.

To clarify, what I mean is that on this system, non-chakra using characters will have an advantage over chakra using ones. If regular taijutsu doesn't have a limit to how much it can be used, then they'd mop the floor with anyone who had to monitor how much they use their techniques.

That's probably the better point to adding in a separate system for taijutsu users, call it stamina or something.
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:45 am

Taijutsu would be monitored as it was before I decided to add a chakra system. And as we progress, the Mod system will be updated to lessen the job of the Administration.
Back to top Go down
Naizu Nimakee
Mizukage
Mizukage
Naizu Nimakee

Shinobi Info
Village: Hidden in the Mist

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 5:41 pm

So will this depend on letter rank or shinobi rank? Like if there's a c ranked chunin or a an A ranked aka member....
Back to top Go down
NX Admin
Administrator
NX Admin

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:22 pm

Naizu Nimakee wrote:
So will this depend on letter rank or shinobi rank?
Letter rank.
Back to top Go down
Naizu Nimakee
Mizukage
Mizukage
Naizu Nimakee

Shinobi Info
Village: Hidden in the Mist

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 4:33 am

Are the cp's completely set or...?
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: A Rank

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

Yes, but users will be able to raise their CP through the methods we set up. The amount gained will be rather small, however.
Back to top Go down
Tarnish
Hokage
Hokage
Tarnish

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 7:59 pm

First off, is there a list of each rank and how much chakra they have? like E has so much, D has so much, C has so much, etc.
I have a few question. what about when u use chakra, just not in a jutsu. What if I was falling down a cliff, and I put some chakra into my hands to firmly grip something, like the walking up tree thing with my hands, or if I used a burst of chakra from the soles of my feet to cover a short distance and throw an opponent off? it does seem that this system can rather limit the things that we do D:
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 8:48 pm

No there isn't, I have yet to finish it. Doing those things would not be set, so like taijutsu, it will be the same as it was before.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
The Mad Hatter

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 10:58 am

Just a thought, not saying it should be implemented but there is another option that a lot of people are over looking because it isn't common in video games but from pen&paper/tabletop rpgs; a spells per day system or in our case a jutsu per encounter system for example some one might have:

1-S Rank
4-A ranks
7-B Ranks
12-C Ranks
15-D ranks
18-D ranks
per battle, this number would be take from a base and modified based on the character, this may seem rigid at first but then let's add something like 2C ranks equal a b rank, 3B's an A, 4A's an S. Then it really takes some thinking and it's less about point and numbers but how many you have versus how many you can use.

Personally I think a bit more should be put into the character creation system giving people more room to make choices that will grow over time, adding an element of character building on top of character development.
Back to top Go down
Masahiro Yukina
Hokage
Hokage
Masahiro Yukina

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 3:09 pm

Good Old DnD Style limitation.

With some alterations it could work.

I.E. I could see perhaps not limiting how many S ranks you could use in a day, but limiting the S ranks to one time a piece. Then likewise maybe you could only use the same A rank twice, the same B rank three times, and so on.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
The Mad Hatter

Shinobi Info

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 3:48 pm

I see what you're saying with the S ranks, of course we'd want to make people earn there S-ranks if that were the case, as they are in a sense their ace in the whole.

The option to use as every jutsu in a battle leaves a bit too much open even if it's once or twice, I think for A rank and less having to choose which jutsu to use and how many times to might be a better choice.

What I'm recommending would work best with something to supplement metamagic feats, like jutsu mastery were a person can "master" a jutsu through training and gain additional uses of it on top their base number or other abilities that would soften the effect of jutsu limits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chakra System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chakra System   Chakra System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chakra System
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next