Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Welcome to Naruto X! Where you can create a character and setup your own wars and rivalries. You make your own destiny.

Plus we provide cookies! :D

Naruto X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto X

Join the new site! http://narutosd.darkbb.com/

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
[Join the Chatbox]
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Memories
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2021, 12:05 am by Nocturne

» Revy is a faggot
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2018, 3:13 am by Nocturne

» Anyone alive out there?
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirth of Slumbering Fire
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 10:32 pm by Kai Fuuma

» Rebirthing a spirit
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2013, 6:37 pm by Naizu Nimakee

» Naruto :: Shattered Dreams
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 2:46 pm by Revy Izumi

» Update regarding Naruto-X Sequel [8/10/12]
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 8:04 pm by Revy Izumi

» Me doing some No-Life Videos
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 11:53 am by Hirokai Hondo

» Searching Without a Trace
NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm by Naizu Nimakee

Naruto X Staff
Nocturne Revy Masahiro
Affiliates

NX: Shattered Dreams

Go down 
+7
Lord Vizer
Sergiy Monomyth
Revy Izumi
Masahiro Yukina
Shu
Kai Fuuma
Nocturne
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: A Rank
Village: N/A

NX: Shattered Dreams Empty
PostSubject: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 6:34 am

Hello everyone,

Today I present to you the planning of my new site project. Everything starts off as a sequel to the original making the forum 100% compatible with all existing characters. The ninja world is set four years ahead of the NX timeline and has been left scathed by the claws of chaos. Many past characters that will contribute to this storyline such as Kyogi Domo. It leaves room for the creation of new destinations, realms, groups, and development of new elemental jutsu.

Planned list of changes [In-Progress]:
- Introduction of a flexible plot and event system.
- I will change how the site 'upgrades'. Instead of instant progression to the next numerical digit, it will go from 1.0 to 1.5 to 2.0, etc. I hope to plan updates before signs of site deaths occur, if possible.
- Introduction of "Dark City", located on a small floating "island" in the southeastern waters of the map.
- Two new non-KKG based sub elements: "Light" and "Dark". These elements are S and X level ninja skills. (Jutsu ranking restriction: A, S, and X.)
- Upgrade the rule book.
- Improvements to every existing system, plus the addition of newer ones.
- Give Kamoku his own little blog within the forum.
- Reintroduction of NX News. Important information will be posted once or twice a month.
- "Two topics" rule will be lifted.
-
-

Please note that some of the specifications listed are subject to change.

Last edited by Nocturne on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jun 2012, 12:25 am

I put this thread here for open discussion, and apparently there are specific reasons why I would like feedback. Because if it is going to be a remake of the same dang thing, we might as well not bother and move on with our lives.
Back to top Go down
Kai Fuuma
ANBU
ANBU
Kai Fuuma

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: A rank
Village: -

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 9:58 pm

uhhh I like it
Back to top Go down
Shu
Genin
Genin
Shu

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: E Rank
Village: Hidden Leaf

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 6:58 pm

I say it's great so far, hope it all goes well!
Back to top Go down
Masahiro Yukina
Hokage
Hokage
Masahiro Yukina

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: S Rank
Village: Konohagakure

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 1:54 am

Well, I'll try and be constructive as possible, as I know we've had our differences in the past, and I would like to set those aside for the benefit of the site over anything else.

With the addition of new areas, and new elements, do you think that the site may be spread too thin for conglomerate RP? What I mean, is many sites limit the areas in which players can rp in their early days, to focus on keeping active members together. Do you have another way to rectify that problem?
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2012, 10:27 pm

Masahiro Yukina wrote:

With the addition of new areas, and new elements, do you think that the site may be spread too thin for conglomerate RP? What I mean, is many sites limit the areas in which players can rp in their early days, to focus on keeping active members together. Do you have another way to rectify that problem?
The chaotic, war-like nature of the ninja world would give users the opportunity to roam the country "freely" while still remaining under affiliation with their hidden village. They must be in squads and certain areas will be blocked off from low-classed ninja. An "inbound zone" is exactly what it is.
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info
Ninja Rank: X Rank

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

Nocturne wrote:
Masahiro Yukina wrote:

The chaotic, war-like nature of the ninja world would give users the opportunity to roam the country "freely" while still remaining under affiliation with their hidden village. They must be in squads and certain areas will be blocked off from low-classed ninja. An "inbound zone" is exactly what it is.

And how is that any different then what we already tried to do..?
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 5:20 am

It was a little hard to explain, however the general idea is to make the forum different from what is was and to make it better. We may have already done that but to me trying is different from success. It was said that we need a fresh start and that is what I will try to develop, a reborn fly that I can already see crashing to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sergiy Monomyth

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

Would this also mean Character Advancement towards the next rank due to The Years passing?
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 4:51 am

Sergiy Monomyth wrote:
Would this also mean Character Advancement towards the next rank due to The Years passing?
What are you trying to say? Do you mean auto advancements to the next rank?
Back to top Go down
Sergiy Monomyth

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jul 2012, 9:00 am

Yes. Mostly because of how many years we are going forward that's why I am asking.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 8:11 am

No, ranks will not change because chuunin rank and above do not work the same way Genin does. The years passing only affect existing characters.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vizer
Retired
Retired
Lord Vizer

Shinobi Info
Village: Village Hidden in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 2:30 am

Kinda down with some of it...not down with the two topic rule lift.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 3:23 am

Lord Vizer wrote:
Kinda down with some of it...not down with the two topic rule lift.
It won't be unlimited. But do you have anything to submit?
Back to top Go down
Kai Fuuma
ANBU
ANBU
Kai Fuuma

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

Look no matter how many times this site has fallen, as long as it keeps getting back up I'm always here.
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012, 1:37 am

The 2 topic rule can be lifted, it doesn't cause any harm honestly, but if it stays, people will just need to be a little more picky on who they RP with. We can make a rule that allows someone to automatically leave a topic if they don't like how long it's taking for the other people to post.

If they're in a battle, then of course we can cut the one taking long some slack, but they'll have to keep a moderate speed unless they want their enemy to just walk away(Not literally), and possibly lose their rank.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012, 9:12 am

Come on, guys. Bring in some feedback here because you will be heard.
Back to top Go down
Sergiy Monomyth

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012, 9:18 am

I would love to but I however got nothing, I am wanting to make a character but can't because the site is dead.
Back to top Go down
Lkitty
Kazekage
Kazekage
Lkitty

Shinobi Info
Village: Sunagakure

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

I'll be active whenever it's up.

About any suggestions, well. The 2 topic rule was never really a problem at all, it starts to create problems when two topics intersect with each other. But, it can be lifted.

One of the biggest problem of the former NX is the lack of good and quality storyline. We should prepare a storyline which can attract RPers.
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

Lkitty wrote:
I'll be active whenever it's up.

About any suggestions, well. The 2 topic rule was never really a problem at all, it starts to create problems when two topics intersect with each other. But, it can be lifted.

One of the biggest problem of the former NX is the lack of good and quality storyline. We should prepare a storyline which can attract RPers.

The problem with doing that is that the storyline is often self driven by the members. It's possible to run a story in the way that i did with PoS, but that's risky, and requires a LOT of work. In all honesty, i see that being one giant failure. (For multiple reasons)

A good lore to the site would be a good idea, but a lot of people, as far as i know, RP their own stories. The lore is basically just eye candy for the site, which i admit, is something we'll need, but it doesn't exactly do much. (Some people are to lazy to even read it). It's good for setting the environment and all, but it doesn't exactly have much of an influence on the way people RP.

Now UNLESS it's incredibly complex, and each country/village has it's own lore to it, former kages, history with these former kage's, ETC. Using current former kage's isn't a very good idea though, as most of those former kages are still alive as far as i know. If we did that, we'd have to literally force all Kage's into studying their own countries history. That will make choosing Kage's even harder.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012, 9:24 pm

There should be some info on characters involved so we could put together a list that way they can have a clue on what is going on. The idea is to use existing characters and even dead ones, allowing them to stand out and offer interesting twists into everyone's stories. Experienced RPers could be given IRP gifts that may alter influence them or someone else. It isn't a plot we need but some existing lores to work with...

Eh, I'm not sure what I am talking about. >.>
Back to top Go down
Revy Izumi
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Revy Izumi

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 5:05 am

Well..rather then talking about it, it would probably be best to put this into action sooner or later
Back to top Go down
Lkitty
Kazekage
Kazekage
Lkitty

Shinobi Info
Village: Sunagakure

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 8:55 am

I agree with the lores.
Back to top Go down
Kai Fuuma
ANBU
ANBU
Kai Fuuma

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

Just bring up the fact that Flashback topics are available =D
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Missing-Nin
Missing-Nin
Nocturne

Shinobi Info

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 5:07 am

I think what I will do is setup an individual story for each character being included and then connect those dots. Time to play tic-tac-toe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NX: Shattered Dreams   NX: Shattered Dreams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NX: Shattered Dreams
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next